Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in Charlotte
Dr. Ditesheim’s ultimate goal is to make you happy, giving you the beautiful results you want by using the latest in plastic surgery techniques and technology. He believes this goal fundamentally starts with a strong patient-doctor relationship.
Dr. Ditesheim is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only board recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. To become board certified, a physician must complete a minimum of 5 years of surgical residency training, including at least 2 years of training specifically in plastic surgery, as well as pass rigorous written and oral examinations.
In addition, Dr. Ditesheim is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, an honor reserved for surgeons who have demonstrated highest professional standards for competency, ethical conduct, and training.
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Arts: Summa cum Laude, University of Pennsylvania (Member Phi BetaKappa)
- Doctor of Medicine: New York University School of Medicine and Bellevue Hospital
- General Surgical Training and Research Fellowship: Vanderbilt University and Wake Forest University
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship: Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School
Dr. Ditesheim has published research in numerous plastic surgery medical journals as well as presented at local, regional, and national meetings. He has also received several awards, including the Robert H. Ivy Society Award and the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation Scholarship.
Societies and Affiliations
Dr. Ditesheim is an active member of the Charlotte, North Carolina and national medical community. As a member of the following societies, he demonstrates a commitment to maintaining the highest standards in patient care while promoting further advancement in the field of plastic surgery:
- North Carolina Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member and Past President
- Mecklenburg Medical Society, Member
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, Member
- American Medical Association, Surgical Section
- American College of Surgeons, Fellow
Meet Dr. Ditesheim at a Personal Consultation
Having a sensitive, compassionate, and experienced plastic surgeon to help during your decision-making process can make all the difference. We invite you to contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ditesheim to discuss your goals for enhancing your appearance.