September Augmentation Special!
You can save in September by booking your procedure now – Saline implants are $4999. Contact us to find out more! You can also read more about our specials here.
Breast Augmentation in Charlotte
A breast augmentation can help you balance your proportions, restore fullness to your breasts following pregnancy or weight loss, improve symmetry. We’ll help you choose the breast implant type, size and shape that best fits your body and creates the beautiful breast contour you desire.
Your breast augmentation is personalized to your needs
Depending upon the combination of your physical characteristics and your concerns, Dr. Ditesheim will suggest a variety of options for breast enhancement surgery that include:
- implant placement (over the chest muscle, partially underneath the muscle, or sub-fascial)
- the location of the incision
- the size and type of the implant
- whether—or not—a breast lift might help you achieve your desired look
Why Dr. Ditesheim?
Cosmetic surgery is about you, not a procedure. That’s why Dr. Ditesheim takes a unique approach. You’ll never hear him say you “need” a procedure. He’ll go over all of your options; you choose how to proceed. And this approach works! Just ask our happy patients.
When you choose Dr. Ditesheim, you get:
- A board certified plastic surgeon with 16+ years of experience
- Incredible support; the same medical team cares for you throughout the process
- Imaging technology & sizing that lets you preview your results with accuracy—what you see is what you get
- Privacy & safety of a fully accredited, on-site surgical facility
Choosing Your Breast Implants
Breast size and shape are important, so be honest and open about your expectations when talking with Dr. Ditesheim. The goal isn’t to try to achieve an exact “cup size.” More important is creating the best aesthetic shape, taking into consideration chest dimensions as well as overall height and weight.
Dr. Ditesheim believes that each woman knows what is “right” for her body and he has developed a sizing process that enables you to see and feel different implant choices in a bra, in clothes, and in bathing suits, so you are confident about the size of your augmentation.
Your Breast Sizing Session
Breast implant type and size will be determined by your aesthetic goals, breast anatomy, skin elasticity, and body type. Here’s how our sizing process works:
- We’ll go over your options: silicone vs. saline, shaped vs. round, size and profile, paying attention to your personal preferences about all of these choices
- You’ll get time to try on implants to find the “custom-fit” that best complements your body shape, your chest, and your idea of what looks great on you.
- You will be able to “feel” the shape of your new breast size and even see what you look like in tops or camisoles.
Only you know when you’ve found just the right look—our sizing process makes that possible!
We feel that our sizing process provides you with an accurate way to gauge the results of your augmentation. After surgery, our patients routinely report that their “size was just right,” “the size was perfect,” and most powerfully, “this is me!”
We focus on your safety & results from the very start
We believe that preparation is the key to a successful cosmetic surgery and recovery. We’ll give you the care and information you need throughout the entire breast augmentation surgical process. Dr. Ditesheim has hand-selected each individual who participates in your care; from the nursing staff to the anesthesiologist.
We’ll also provide pre-operative suggestions such as: dietary recommendations, quitting smoking, and prescription advice (current and future) to reduce post-surgical swelling and bruising. We are always readily available and approachable to address any questions or concerns you may have.
Our commitment to patient safety is a top priority. All general anesthesia for our patients is administered by a board certified anesthesiologist; that is a medical doctor specializing in general anesthesia care, as opposed to a nurse.
About breast augmentation surgery
Breast augmentation is an outpatient procedure, typically performed in our on-site AAAASF fully-accredited surgical suite. Your entire surgery experience will take several hours, including time to relax before your procedure, about 1 hour for the surgery itself, and 30–40 minutes of post-procedure recovery.
After your breast augmentation procedure, your recovery is an important part of the final outcome. We take special care of our patients in the following ways:
- We check in with them by phone the night of the surgery
- Dr. Ditesheim personally sees all patients the morning following surgery
- All patients have Dr. Ditesheim’s cell phone number and our nurse has a special cell phone for surgery patients in case of emergency
Your recovery process
After your procedure, you will likely sleep for a few hours at home and then have a light meal. Some women will be pain free and drive themselves to the office the next day, others with more muscle work may have more soreness, or pressure type discomfort for 3-5 days. In addition, we have a complete pain management program in place to ensure a more comfortable recovery process.
Our personalized recovery program helps you enjoy your new look quickly—and for years to come!
Dr. Ditesheim will provide you with a prescription for pain medication to ease any discomfort following surgery. He encourages early movement and activity as soon as possible, beginning the next day. Easy exercise can be resumed by the second week. Sex is usually limited based on the level of discomfort, although each person is different. Sports that have high impact like water-skiing should be avoided for first 6 weeks.
Your incision options
Incisions are made in inconspicuous areas to minimize visible scarring. Incisions vary based on the type of breast implant, degree of enlargement desired, your particular anatomy, and patient-surgeon preference. Dr. Ditesheim will discuss which incision options are appropriate for your desired outcome. Incision options include:
- Periareolar incision, around the nipple and areola
- Inframmamary incision, in the crease underneath the breast
- Transaxillary incision, in the armpit
Breast implant placement
After the incision is made, your breast implants are inserted into a pocket made in one of the following locations:
- Under the pectoralis muscle (a submuscular placement)
- Directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoralis muscle (a submammary/ subglandular placement)
- Partially underneath the muscle
- Under the fascia
The method for inserting and positioning breast implants depends on the type of implant, your body type, and Dr. Ditesheim’s recommendations, as well as your preferences. If saline implants are used, they are filled with saline after the implants are placed in the correct location.
What does breast augmentation in Charlotte cost?
Prices for breast augmentation typically range from $5,000 to $7,000. You’ll receive an exact fee quote at your consultation. Fees include breast implants, surgical care, the facility and anesthesia provided by an MD anesthesiologist. Financing is available, and we’ll go over your options at your personal consultation.
Get started at a personal consultation
If you’re considering breast augmentation, there’s no better way to decide whether it’s the right choice for you than to talk to an experienced plastic surgeon. Your initial one-on-one consultation includes a breast implant sizing session as well as a chance to go over surgery details, pricing & financing, and anything else you want to know. Call or contact us online to get started.