Charlotte Eyelid Surgery – Blepharoplasty
An eyelid lift, also called blepharoplasty, can help you restore a fresh appearance to the eyes. This can be done by either removing the excess skin and fat from the upper eyelids, or by removing excess fat from the lower eyelids. Eyelid surgery is frequently combined with other facial procedures to further enhance your results. Non-surgical treatments, such as Botox & injectable fillers or fat grafting, can help to smooth crow’s feet or other wrinkles or diminish dark circles under your eyes.
Is eyelid surgery right for me?
Each person is unique in his or her goals and needs, and best way to determine whether or not eyelid surgery is a good solution for you is to come in for a consultation. In general, you may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if a few of the following statements describe you:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes.
- Your vision is blurred as a result of the eye sagging skin around your eyes.
- Your eyes are in good health per your ophthalmologist. A detached retina, glaucoma, dry eyes or insufficient tears can make an eyelid lift a more risky cosmetic surgery procedure.
- You are in good physical health and have realistic expectations.
- You are a non-smoker or plan to quit smoking well in advance of the scheduled procedure.
What does eyelid surgery cost?
Eyelid surgery is highly personalized, and we’ll quote your exact cost at your consultation. In general prices range as follows:
- $3800-$4,300 for Upper Eyelid Surgery Only
- $3800-$4,300 for Lower Eyelid Surgery Only
- $6,500–$7,500 for Upper & Lower Eyelid Surgery
Total costs including professional anesthesia care (MD), credentialed, accredited surgical facility (OR and Recovery) and surgical fees. We also offer several convenient payment & financing options for our patients.
Dr. Ditesheim’s approach to eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty)
After listening to your goals and concerns at your consultation, Dr. Ditesheim will determine the specific method to use for your procedure based on your facial features. In general, the following techniques are used:
- For upper eyelid surgery, the incision begins within the natural crease of the eye’s inside corner and extends slightly beyond the outside corner into the crow’s feet or laugh lines. Through this incision, excess skin and fatty tissue are removed. When healed, the incision is camouflaged in the natural contour of the upper eyelid.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision is concealed just below the lower lashes. Through this incision, excess skin, muscle and fat are removed.
Eyelid surgery pre-operative overview
Dr. Ditesheim and his experienced staff will provide you with pre-surgical information that includes guidelines about drinking, smoking and avoiding certain vitamins and medications. Dr. Ditesheim’s caring staff has a wealth of experience in preparing families for the recovery process and ensuring a predictable, smooth process.
“I wish that I had done this sooner, Dr. Ditesheim and his entire staff provided the highest level of care. I would liken it to the Ritz Carlton!” R.J. Greensboro, NC
What is involved in blepharoplasty surgery?
The surgery time may range between 1 to 1½ hours depending upon your needs. Blepharoplasty is usually done on an outpatient basis, under general anesthesia administered by a physician anesthesiologist. The procedure may be performed in a partner hospital near Ditesheim Cosmetic Surgery or in our AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities) accredited, on-site surgical suite.
Your recovery after eyelid lift surgery
Following your procedure, the area around your eyes will be bruised, and most likely swollen, for about 10days. While recovery usually takes a few days, it may take a few months for residual swelling to subside and to fully see the complete results of your eyelid lift.
It is important to wear sunscreen daily to keep your results looking their best. Our caring nurse will call you regularly to check in on you and make sure that you are having a stress-free recovery. We want to make sure that you are completely relaxed throughout the healing process. Just leave the rest to us!