AquaShape Liposuction or Tummy Tuck?
In previous articles, I have explained the tummy tuck and liposuction as options for addressing body shape issues and, in particular, the advantages to the AquaShape Liposuction procedure. In this post, I would like to compare these options and point out the important considerations of each. Before signing up for any cosmetic surgery, be sure you have asked the right questions and have been given adequate answers to make an informed decision.
Five Things to Consider Before Plastic Surgery
1. Result: How predictable is the result? In other words, how flat will your tummy be? Will you be Spanx®-free? Will the results last? Will you be able to fit into your jeans more comfortably?
2. Recovery: How long will it take your body to recover? Will you have swelling, discomfort, bruising? Will you need to be out of work or out of the gym? Will you be able to “do your life” or will you need someone else to help you? If so, for how long?
3. Cost: Is there really a “deal” out there? Or “Do you get what you pay for?” What are the real costs – what it really will cost you? Will you need more than one treatment? Are there hidden costs?
4. Expertise: Who is doing the procedure? Is it a board certified plastic surgeon or a technician? Is the procedure customized for you or the same for everybody? Are you paying for expertise or just technology?
5. Trust: Are you being sold or presented with a bargain or deal? Can you trust that the recommended procedure is really best for you?
Comparing Coolsculpting, AquaShape Liposuction, and Tummy Tuck Procedures
|Coolsculpting||AquaShape Liposuction||Tummy Tuck||The Real Issue Addressed|
|Result:||10% fewer fat cells||Better Shape||Flattest tummy, think bikini||How much change will it take to feel better in your jeans?|
|Number of Procedures Needed:||Tummy: 2-4 (Each area needs a clamp. Need to treat each area at least twice)||One||One||Do you want to see the result with one procedure or do you want to keep coming back?|
|When will I see results?||3 months +||Immediately||Immediately||Immediately|
|Recovery Time||1-3 days soreness||1 day to 1 week+ depending on how much is done||80% normal lifestyle at 13 days after procedure||How much recovery can you deal with?|
|Expertise: Who is doing procedure?||Technician (Note: We do not perform or offer Coolsculpting in our office.)||Board-certified Plastic Surgeon||Board-certified Plastic Surgeon||To customize the treatment you need a more experienced operator|
|Trust: Is the procedure customized to meet your goals?||No||Yes||Yes||Is it important to get the results you want unless a minimal change is enough?|
|Anesthesia:||No||Optional||Yes||Whatever you choose, safety should always be the #1 priority.|
|Cost: (all fees) Based on a Lower Tummy Example||$3200-4800 (2 clamps/area x 2 areas @ $800-1200/clamp)||$4500 Anesthesia and additional areas are more||$10,000 includes all fees, all procedures customized so fees will differ||You get what you pay for.|
Visual Comparison of Results
With this information, I hope you are equipped to make an informed decision before pursuing any cosmetic procedure. I would be happy to meet with you to answer any further questions. Contact my office to schedule your initial consultation and work with you to customize a plan that is best suited for your situation, your needs, and your goals.