Charlotte Eyelid Lift – Blepharoplasty
Perhaps more than any other facial feature, our eyes tell the world how we feel. However, aging and heredity can cause the skin and tissues on our eyelids to sag and droop, making us look tired, sad or worried, even when we feel great. If your eyes are sending the wrong message, we can help you change that through an eyelid lift procedure, personalized to your needs.
Dr. Ditesheim’s Approach to Eyelid Surgery
After listening to your goals and concerns at your consultation, Dr. Ditesheim will determine the specific method to use for your procedure based on your facial features. In general, the following techniques are used:
- For upper eyelid surgery, the incision begins within the natural crease of the eye’s inside corner and extends slightly beyond the outside corner into the crow’s feet or laugh lines. Through this incision, excess skin and fatty tissue are removed. When healed, the incision is camouflaged in the natural contour of the upper eyelid.
- For lower eyelid surgery, the incision is concealed just below the lower lashes. Through this incision, excess skin, muscle and fat are removed.
Eyelid surgery is frequently combined with other facial procedures to further enhance your results. Non-surgical treatments, such as Botox & injectable fillers or fat grafting, can help to smooth crow’s feet or other wrinkles or diminish dark circles under your eyes.
Why Dr. Ditesheim?
Cosmetic surgery is about you, not a procedure. That’s why Dr. Ditesheim approaches things differently. You’ll never hear him say you “need” a procedure. He’ll go over all of your options; you choose how to proceed. And this approach works! Just ask our happy patients.
When you choose Dr. Ditesheim, you get:
- A board certified plastic surgeon with 16+ years of experience
- Incredible support; the same medical team cares for you throughout the process
- Imaging technology & sizing that lets you preview your results with accuracy—what you see is what you get
- Privacy & safety of a fully accredited, on-site surgical facility
Is eyelid surgery right for me?
Each person is unique in his or her goals and needs, and best way to determine whether or not eyelid surgery is a good solution for you is to come in for a consultation. In general, you may be a good candidate for eyelid surgery if the following statements describe you:
- You are unhappy with the appearance of drooping upper lids and puffy bags below your eyes or your vision is blurred as a result of the eye sagging skin around your eyes.
- Your eyes are in good health per your ophthalmologist. A detached retina, glaucoma, dry eyes or insufficient tears can make an eyelid lift a more risky cosmetic surgery procedure.
- You are in good physical health and have realistic expectations.
What does eyelid surgery cost?
Eyelid surgery is highly personalized, and we’ll quote your exact cost at your consultation. In general prices for eyelid lift surgery range from $4,000 to $8,000. Total costs including professional anesthesia care (MD), credentialed, accredited surgical facility (OR and Recovery) and surgical fees. We also offer several convenient payment & financing options for our patients.
Eyelid surgery pre-operative overview
Dr. Ditesheim and his experienced staff will provide you with pre-surgical information that includes guidelines about drinking, smoking and avoiding certain vitamins and medications. Dr. Ditesheim’s caring staff has a wealth of experience in preparing families for the recovery process and ensuring a predictable, smooth process.
“I wish that I had done this sooner, Dr. Ditesheim and his entire staff provided the highest level of care. I would liken it to the Ritz Carlton!” R.J. Greensboro, NC
Your safety is our priority
The surgery time may range between 1 to 1½ hours depending upon your needs. Blepharoplasty is usually done on an outpatient basis, under local or general anesthesia administered by a physician anesthesiologist. The procedure is performed in our AAAASF (American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities) accredited, on-site surgical suite.
Your recovery after eyelid lift surgery
Following your procedure, the area around your eyes will be bruised, and most likely swollen, for about 10 days. While recovery usually takes a few days, it may take a few weeks for residual swelling to subside and to fully see the complete results of your eyelid lift.
It is important to wear sunscreen daily to keep your results looking their best. Our caring nurse will call you regularly to check in on you and make sure that you are having a stress-free recovery. We want to make sure that you are completely relaxed throughout the healing process. Just leave the rest to us!
Interested in learning more? Contact us!
If you’re considering your options for improving your eyelid contour, we invite you to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Ditesheim. He will listen carefully to your concerns, evaluate your face & skin, and go over all of your options to help achieve your goals.