Facial Fat Transfer Charlotte
A beautiful facial profile without surgery
At first, it may sound a little strange to inject fat into areas of your body. After all, isn’t thin always in? The truth is that for many of us, there’s an area or two on the body or face that isn’t quite as full or plump as we’d like, and this thinner appearance only gets worse as we age. To correct the lack of volume, Dr. Ditesheim performs these purified fat injections.
This procedure, also known as autologous fat transfer, is ideal for individuals who are looking to plump their skin in an effort to “fill out” their faces and maintain a youthful look, as well as those who wish to refine their facial features. We can use fat injections to:
- Create a better balance in the shape of your face
- Add fullness to sunken or wrinkled areas of the lips, cheeks and chin
- Enhance the lips, reshape the cheeks or chin, or to soften deep hollows beneath the eyes.
- Fill out deep facial creases
- Improve the appearance of skeletal-looking hands, breast or body.
Why Dr. Ditesheim?
Cosmetic surgery is about you, not a procedure. That’s why Dr. Ditesheim takes a unique approach. You’ll never hear him say you “need” a procedure. He’ll go over all of your options; you choose how to proceed. And this approach works! Just ask our happy patients.
When you choose Dr. Ditesheim, you get:
- A board certified plastic surgeon with 16+ years of experience
- Incredible support; the same medical team cares for you throughout the process
- Gentle AquaShape liposuction that is optimal for fat transfer with a shorter procedure
- Privacy & safety of a fully accredited, on-site surgical facility
The benefits of fat injections
Soft, natural, entirely personalized – fat transfer uses your own tissue to enhance or reshape facial or body features. Fat injections have a number of advantages over temporary filler products and facial surgery:
- No incisions or resulting scars on the face
- Results are permanent and will age naturally with you
- No risk of allergic reaction, since your own natural fat is used
- Results feel soft, smooth and 100% natural
- Can be performed alone or at the same time as facial surgery
Who is a candidate for face fat grafting?
“I am in my 60s, a professional woman and feel I am being overlooked by clients because I look ‘older.’ “
The above patient has been a professional for 22 years and wants to continue to work. She had a facelift and fat grafting at the same time.
“I’ve already had a facelift; but my face has lost volume since.”
Fat injections can be an excellent solution for patients who feel their faces look gaunt, restoring fullness to hollowed cheeks and a general softness to one’s appearance. When performed in conjunction with a facelift, fat injections can help create lasting, youthful facial rejuvenation that ages naturally with you. A fat transfer can also help to enhance or “touch up” the results of previous facelift surgery.
“I am in my 50s with a limited budget and want to make my eyes look younger.”
The above patient had upper eyelid lift surgery and fat grafting around eyes and cheeks, but did not have a facelift. The fat grafting restores the lost volume around the eyes, makes the eyes come alive.
“I am in my 60s but look older, especially around my eyes.”
This male patient chose to have facial fat grafting done because he felt the hollows around the eyes and cheeks made his face look older. Even 6 months after fat grafting, he has achieved his goals. He could get a facelift, but doesn’t need it after have fat grafting done. A facelift alone would not have produced this result for him.
“I am in my 30s, is fat grafting for me?”
Grafting small areas of the face, sometimes in combination with liposuction can “sculpt” or refine shape in the aging face, even in young patients. Using this technique she may have put off having a facelift for years.
How is a fat transfer procedure done?
A fat transfer involves three basic steps:
- Removing fat from another area of the body with water assisted liposuction. The abdomen, hips or buttocks are common areas where patients choose to have the fat harvested.
- Preparing the fat for reinjection. Dr. Ditesheim’s AquaShape liposuction technique eliminates the need to purify the fat, so this step is very quick.
- Injecting the fat strategically to improve facial contours, lift creases and depressions and enhance cheeks, lips or occasionally the breast or extremities.
Learn more at a personal consultation
If you would like to make improvements to your appearance similar to what you see in the above patients, we invite you to contact us to schedule a consultation with Dr. Ditesheim. He will listen to your concerns, thoroughly discuss your goals, and explain all of your options to achieve the results you have in mind.